Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Arghriculture


I could have just counted, but I decided not to.
My mother always told me, someday I'd be good at something. I don't think she would have guessed that was repeatedly dying in a game about exploration and construction.
Nice weather we're having, too bad the clouds are going THE WRONG WAY.
A nice open field, some trees in a nearby swamp, not much of note. Some sheep catch my interest and I steal their wool. Beds are a precious commodity you know. Especially when I don't ever actually survive more than one night.

Suddenly, I found a chasm.
Well, THAT was unexpected.
We have all seen these before, there deep, and have water, and some lava. Nothing too new. Wish I had something interesting to show you.

Unfortunately, most of the new 1.9.4 stuff is all end tier and not very accessible. So I start building my house into a cliff face I found at the end of the chasm.

For safety's sake.
There are so many things that can go wrong with this plan I'm not even going to bother making a quip here.
After some chicken killing and tree gathering it was night time, and yes.
It's round, I am disappoint.
One of the new features I can show you however is the cinematic player cam.

By hitting F5 twice you can enter third pony centered in front of your character rather than the usual behind.
Look how proud he is of his door in a wall.
It just occurred to me that this is the first time you've gotten a really good look at my skin.

TOO BAD, SLEEPING NOW.

Oh, well that's new. This is a lillypad, but they don't actually do anything useful yet. They aren't even given a proper name in game, and still use a dummy icon in inventory.
Dear Diary,
Jackpot.
However, it's getting dark, and as the new moon had made itself clear by popping up and having phases and being ROUND (I know I'm harping on this point a lot, but it's just unnatural).

It's time to retreat into my house.

Isn't it a lovely house? Small, simple, efficient, elegant.

And there's a bowling alley in the back.
Why is there a bowling alley in the back
And now it's made of dirt instead.

This had better be important, because so far all I see is just some... OH.

I then walked outside to get some water with the iron I had found while excavating the new garden, and was immediately attacked by three creepers.
Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.
My final garden, nearly fully planted. It currently only has sugar cane and wheat, but I'll expand it to mushroom rooms after I get more cane and something to eat.
Growing crops in a well lit room in the middle of nowhere underground. This blog is now followed by the FBI..
There aren't any edible animals nearby, so I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do, but I found a bone!
Salvation at the hoof of a careless skeleton.
With the bone I can make three bonemeal, which I can use to instantly grow my crops, giving me enough wheat to make a loaf of bread!

However, I don't quite remember if I CAN die from starvation. I know I take a half a point of damage every couple of seconds while at 0 food, but I don't think it kills me.

Time to go gather some more canes!
I lied.
So, you CAN die from starvation. I think we all learned something important today.
BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment