Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Nether! and intermission.


The nether. The final frontier, the last great realm of exploration.

Let's go break stuff.
The nether is... surprisingly small.
So, thru the portal, and I pop out in...  A 4x4x4 cube with my portal.

Not to worry, I brought three stone picks and an iron pick for resource gathering and terraforming for just such an occasion! I'm sure it can't be THAT far to the surface.
I was wrong.
Okay, so I managed to dig all the way up to the TOP of the nether, and found no exit. I'll try digging horizontally.

I found a couple caverns that lead nowhere, more netherrack, some mushrooms and...

Did, did I make it?
Lava! Sweet delicious, nutritious lava! Now part of this balanced breakfast.
Look at it in all of its glory! A perfect representation of hell, ripe for the destroying.

There are new mobs in here with the 1.9 update, let's go make some friends!
Friends?
Another new addition to 1.9 are gold ingots dropped by Zombie Pigmen (pictured). They can be crafted into gold ingots.

Let's see if I can find a ghast, I've heard those guys are fun!

I leap, I climb, I cut down more pigmen and gather mushrooms, maybe I'll find one of the new fortresses and get some netherbrick, that stuff is cool!

Then Minecraft crashed.

Straight to desktop.

I... can still work with this, I'm sure of it. This isn't a problem, just load up the world and-

NO.
NO.
It reset the world.

It. Reset. The. World.

Don't care.
And good riddance!
I'm counting that as a death.

Now, I could start a new world now, and make a stupid long post, but instead I think I'll dabble about in creative mode.

The following is a video made chronicling about three hours of gameplay in creative mode. It also marks the first appearance of Glimmar's Steampunk texture pack! Which you will see a lot of.


Buh-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment