Monday, October 17, 2011

Closing Time


Now powered by 1.9.4 technology!
Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. And yes, I was listening to Semisonic the entire time I was playing this save, sue me. (Please don't sue me)

Anyway, after a week of intermissions followed by a week of not updating due to abject laziness, I downloaded the newest prerelease and got it installed. If you want 1.9.4 as well, just copy and paste "assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre4/minecraft.jar" into your favorite browser, and the download straight from the Mojang servers will start. This is the only official source I know of, so get it directly from them to be safe.

To update to 1.9.4, (on windows) hit the windows button on your taskbar, and search for "%appdata%" there should only be one folder (Roaming). The first folder in there is ".minecraft" open it and then open the bin folder. Simply copy and paste over the minecraft.jar you just downloaded and overwrite. Start minecraft like normal and BAM, prerelease.

Just like magic.
Minecraft, now with 100% more magic.
Today's goal is simple, get an enchanting table!

They aren't easy to get, and require at least 5 diamonds (2 for crafting, 3 for a pick), 4 obsidian blocks, and a book.

Where the frig am I going to get a book?

After much soul searching, I found out that not only is the sun now roundish.
Bevels, in MY minecraft?
I found out that the bit where I wander around and gather materials is really, really boring to talk about and I didn't take any good pictures anyway. So I'll skip straight to the good stuff, when I dug into an old mine while descending towards diamond level.
Free minecart tracks as far as the eye can see.
The strong holds themselves are pretty dangerous, but these mines aren't nearly as bad, although they tend to be quite extensive and one can easily get lost. So I should set up some sort of system to find my way back out.

Or I could run around in random directions and get completely lost beyond imagination.

I also found a chest, and it had goodies!

Now with some delicious, delicious iron bars in hand, I should head back up and start a staircase from my original one to actually get some dia-

MUSHROOMS
Like a cat with a bit of string.
So after some more hilARIOUS high jinks throughout the mine, gathering tracks, killing monsters and the whatnot, have a lovely little gallery.


What a lovely little gallery.
As pictured above, I found some gold ore, and a skeleton guarding it.

It was a truly epic battle, that ended in defeat of both participants.
Oh well.
ONWARDS, TO NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment